Author’s Note: I haven’t written anything about my writing project in a long time, so I decided I’d dedicate this week to sharing some tidbits of what I’ve been up to with it.
———

You know what’s one of the things that have been slowing me down the most with this writing project? Autocorrect. Several of the characters in my story have unusual names and the text-editing program on my computer keeps changing those names to other things. For example, I have a character named Tulver, but this keeps getting changed to Culver. Why does it autocorrect to Culver? I really couldn’t tell you, but each time it happens I have to stop, go back, and fix the autocorrect. It’s really annoying. No matter how many times I type the name, my computer never learns. Maybe my computer is trying to send me subtle hints to stop giving weird names to characters.

2 Comments

  1. I assume you are using MSWord? Have you considered switching to a straight-ahead text editor? When your tool offers “features” that actually get in the way, I believe it’s time to look for another tool.

    Like

    1. Currently I’m using a program on my laptop called TextEdit. I only use MSWord for proofreading and archiving. A day ago I think I finally figured out how to make it stop autocorrecting, so this post might now be obsolete. I’ve seen at least one writer online suggest using the Ulysses app, but I’ve never tried it.

      Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s